Re: Looking for an MGB GT Body in Philadelphia Area

To: "Frank T" <dawolfsburg@hotmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for an MGB GT Body in Philadelphia Area
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:58:08 -0700
Frank,

I was in the exact same position with my 1970 MGB GT.  In the end I opted
to buy a shell (no engine, no interior)  But I bought unwisely as it turned
out to be a bondo-happy car.  I had it dipped and worked over by body
people.  The result was a better than new shell.  But I did not take the
time to look around.  AFTER I had committed to the body work I found two
beautiful shells (which are now gone).  My suggestion is you take a while
looking for a shell that is worthy.  They are out there.

At 11:47 PM 8/11/2003 -0400, Frank T wrote:
>Just out of curiosity, I want to see if I can get any leads on this.
>
>I have a 1971 MGB GT with a good amount of rust damage. The car runs and
>drives so i don't want to see it be junked. Anyone have a GT with a good
>body that doesn't run or body panels they want to sell?
>I am looking in the philadelphia area- PA, NJ, DE, etc.
>I really want to save this one!
>
>Frank
>Downingtown,PA
>1971 MGB G- BRG- British Rusty Green
>1979 Triumph Spitfire- 90% restored/ driver

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net