Re: Why would I like to buy a MGC

To: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>, MG List Postings
Subject: Re: Why would I like to buy a MGC
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:04:04 -0700 (PDT)
> Speaking of irony, I sold Paul the roadster that he
> now drives.  He must
> have seen my roadster and GT being side by side as
> proof that you can have
> both.

Yes, Dean sold me my current tourer, and he's forever
on my holiday card list because of it!  The more I
crawl around and underneath it, the more I love it.

And yes, I saw Dean's lovely GT, and drooled a bit
over it.  Truth be told, when I went looking for a B,
I had a hankering for a GT, not a tourer.  I love
convertibles, don't get me wrong, but I personally
feel that the MGB GT (or MGC GT for that matter) is
one of the best looking cars MG ever built.  Add to
that the sheer useability and comfort that comes with
a fixed roof and the less flexy chassis, and it's a
heck of a fine choice.

Of course, now that I have the tourer, I can't imagine
giving it up.  I love it.  I knew I would, and I do.
It's less useable (although it is my daily driver and
it's useable enough for me...) and the cockpit is
pretty blowy, but I'm grinning like an idiot every
time I go anywhere.

So I've come back around to the point Dean was making,
and decided the ideal thing is to have both.  MGB
tourer for vintage racing and occasional "festive"
street use, and MGC GT for daily driver and longer
distance drives when I want to drive a classic.
Slightly different cars, slightly different uses.

And if you only have one, then some people are going
to prefer one and some the other.  No one is right and
no one is wrong.  That's what makes the world go
'round...

So let's just have a group hug and go for a damn
drive, eh?

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project