Re: Why would I like to buy a MGC

To: "MG List Postings" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Why would I like to buy a MGC
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:50:45 -0400
Oh, now, Dave, loading up, firing and then calling the respondent cranky for
reacting in a predictable way, eh?  Can you say passive-aggressive?  I must
have missed the intended inference.  Oh well, I added a smiley-face to my
post, after all.  Isn't that the universal internet cop-out for taking
responsibility for the ramifications of our words? ;-)

Back to the actual issue:  A car with the top down on the right day is
deniably a glorious experience, and indeed one in which I have myself
reveled many a time.  But, believe it or not, cars have other things to
offer, too.  Some people place those things on a higher plane than the top
down experience, and they are not missing out on all the fun at all.  I have
a hard time understanding why some MG owners actually think they are more
appreciative of the marque, when in truth they hardly drive their cars
because they treat them as some quaint occasional "look-at-me-I-have-an-MG"
one-car parade.  But then, that's my own mental defect that I have to live
with. (I'll risk that the irony is self evident and not include a
smiley-face here.)

Speaking of irony, I sold Paul the roadster that he now drives.  He must
have seen my roadster and GT being side by side as proof that you can have
both.  Having both is, in the end - and I think we can all mostly agree on
this point - the best case scenario.  Paul, your wife must hate my guts for
facilitating your new addiction!

Dean