Re: Two questions newbie MGB owner

To: Jp Plank <moonshine327@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Two questions newbie MGB owner
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:48:49 -0400
At 01:28 PM 8/13/03, Jp Plank wrote:
>1)  my electric fans turn opposite directions.  the pass side fan pushes
>air thru the radiator.  the drivers side pulls air thru the radiator.
>The electrical connections appear to be undisturbed and original.  Is it
>supposed to work this way? If not what can i do to fix it?

I'll have to check mine, but I can't imagine why it would be that
way.  Perhaps one of the connections came undone and was put back in reverse?

>2) My car has a ZS carb.  Is a special tool required to adjust the
>mixture?  Where do i find such a special tool if needed? Where can i find
>info on tuning the car? It seems to run very rich as the catalytic
>converter turn red hot after a few minuets of running.

Moss Motors (and others) sell a Zenith Stromberg tuning tool.

Also you might want to read an article called "Those Damned Zenith
Strombergs" by John Twist on how to tune them.  You can find it at:

http://home.att.net/~allens_gifts/zenithstromberg.htm

Good luck and enjoy!