Re: MGA restoration - How to do it

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA restoration - How to do it
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:07:15 EDT
Preston,

There are several good books out there that can be very helpful, but there is
not realliy one all encompassing book.

Some of the books that I keep in my library and on my shelf that you can
purchase from Moss, us (LBCarCo) or other vendors such as Brit Books are:

Haynes MGA Workshop Manual  Part number 212-986 workshop manual for MGA
1955-1962, All models, ohv, dohc.

MGA History and Restoration guide Part number 212-960 by Bob Vitrikas. A
complete history of the MGA and its development. Filled with tips on buying,
servicing and rebuilding the MGA. A superb guide for the restorer, one of the
best
MGA books ever written. Softbound, 8 1/2" x 10 3/4", 240 pages, 243
illustrations. Ref:212-960

MGA Restoration Guide Part 212-965 by Malcolm Green. Intended to supplement
the factory workshop manual, this book gives particular attention to commonly
encountered difficulties on all MGA models, including the Twin Cam. All aspects
of dealing with the MGA are covered in detail: buying, body work and paint,
mechanical and electrical rebuilding, upholstery, etc. Also the history of MGA
development, production changes, and general information. Ref:212-965

MGA Shop Manual Part 210-410 Everything from basic tuning data, to torque
settings and complete component rebuilding are covered by these comprehensive
manuals. Most Hardbound. Ref:210-410

Original MGA Part 211-385 by Anders Clausager Provides all the information
needed to decide how a properly restored T-Series car should look, and what
parts it should have. Excellent photos and descriptions, with lists of
production
changes and other necessary information. Hardbound, 112 pages, 9" x 12".
Ref:211-385

Hope this helps a bit

Best Regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co. / Vintage Motors, LTD.
<A HREF="http://www.lbcarco.com/";>http://www.LBCarCo.com</A>

Also visit the premier MGA Website
<A HREF="http://www.namgar.com/";>http://www.namgar.com</A>