RE: MGB Front Springs

To: "'Robots'" <mlennan@crankyrobots.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGB Front Springs
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:23:57 -0700
Mark:

The 264-385 spring is shorter and stiffer (480 lb/in) than a standard early
B spring (348 lb/in -73, 372 lb/in 73-74).

Installing the 264-385 on a rubber bumper car will drop the nose about 1.5"
from original height (assuming good original springs).  This gets the car
pretty close to CB height, but with a spring stiff enough for the extra
weight of the bumper and the limited suspension travel.

If you want to experiment on the cheap, you might try installing a pair of
used MGB GT front springs.  These were originally rated at 480 lb/in and may
work pretty well as a lowering spring for the RB car.  I havn't tried this
on a RB car, but it was the hot ticket for improving a CB car back when I
first started playing with Bs.

Kelvin.