RE: MGB Front Springs

To: "'Bob D.'" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>,
Subject: RE: MGB Front Springs
From: "Dean T. Lake" <dtlake@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:08:54 -0400
Bob,

I had this same problem on my GT.  The springs simply do not have the
effect that is listed in the Special Tuning manual or major US
catalogues (yes, even when the springs are clearly labeled as coming
from England).  But not to digress any further, the solutions are to
experiment, experiment, experiment, or have springs custom made (which
may still entail experimentation) or, most easily, use spacers to get
the height you desire.  Doug Jackson http://www.mgbmga.com sells the
simple plastic spacers which did the trick for my car.  It takes a
relatively tiny amount of spacer to have a significant effect on the
ride height.  Alternatively, I have a spare set of new-ish stock GT
springs that I don't expect to ever use.  They might be a good starting
point for you.  If you want to try them, I'll take any silly low offer.

Cheers,

Dean