Re: Jiffy Lube, et. al.

To: jmc987@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Jiffy Lube, et. al.
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 07:52:57 -0400
Joseph,
   Well, now that you ask,  I really don't know.  Ever since I grew large
enough to lift a grease gun I've always lifted the weight of the car off
the suspension, wiped the fittings, then greased them, swung the front
wheels from one side to the other and squirted grease again.  But is it
necessary to lift? I would think that there would be different clearances
from when the suspension was loaded, thus making spaces for grease to
squeeze in, but I really can't say that is true.   Cars that have a
self-lubrication system were lubricated with weight on their wheels,
certainly.
Bob