SU air filter question

To: "Mg List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU air filter question
From: "Matthew E. Hale" <haleme@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 20:55:42 -0400
Three questions about the SU air filters:

1.      Are the intake tubes are the housings suppose to have a dent.
Both tubes have the same dent in the same place.
2.      What brand or type of air filter does the list recommend?  I
would prefer to use K&N, but would like more feedback.
3.      Last, the shorty pipes, which negate the air filter altogether.
Are these for show only because I would be too afraid of foreign objects
finding their way into my carb and engine to use these.

Thanks,

Matthew Hale
67 B