RE: 1949 Ford Prefect

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 1949 Ford Prefect
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:32:25 -0500
> There seem to be enthusiasts around, but invariably there is
> some tie to
> the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe.  I never really was
> able to read
> that book, but did the car figure prominently in that book?

It's 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy', followed by 'The Restaurant at
the End of the Universe' and then by 'So Long and Thanks for All the
Fish'.

The car didn't figure in the book at all.  Rather there was a character
named Ford Prefect.  He was an alien doing research about the planet
earth, and needed a common earth name, but made an unfortunate choice.