Re: MGB rear springs.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB rear springs.
From: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:08:48 -0700
I had a terrible time when I bought new rear springs for my '73 GT.  Car sat
about two inches higher on one side than the other after installing the new
springs.  They were British made- don't remember the manufacturer.  The vendor
did send me a replacement spring for the lower side.  The springs will look
idententical off the car, but when installed will not hold weight in the same
manner.  After putting the replacement one in, it still sat uneven.
Eventually I had a local spring shop alter one spring to conform to the other.
What a hassle it was to get it right.  Maybe you should find out from listers
if there is a brand of springs that is of consistent quality.
Don Scott
'73 B GT
'62 MGA
'80 TR8

>>> "Richard Poole" <richp@poolelan.com> 09/10/03 03:09PM >>>
Does anyone have any experience with newly-purchased rear leaf springs for
~'74 MGB?  I'm considering this purchase, but I've read a little too much
bad stuff about "junk" being sold these days.

Rich
Red '74 B
Nashville

.