Tires

To: "'MG Mail list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:13:27 -0700
Hi listers..

I've been lurking mostly these days.  The MGB has been in a holding
pattern for the last few month due to me having several surgeries.  One
for a rotator cuff and two to put stents in my heart.  I'm doing much
better and finally getting back to normal activities.  I'm looking at
replacing my tires and I have some questions about sizes etc...  A
185/70HR14 such as the Yokohama  Avid H4 is 24.3" in diameter and 856
revolutions per mile.  Now there is the Bridgestone Potenza RE950
195/65HR14.  Its 24.0 in diameter and 868 revolution per mile.  How
significant is .3" and 12 revs per mile?  It seems minuscule to me and
really shouldn't really make a noticeable difference in engine rpm and
speed.  Any insight into this and suggestions and or experiences with
different tire sizes and brands would be appreciated.  They will be
mounted on a 14 X 5.5 alloy rim.

Dennis Cox
67 MGB