Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:19:13 -0500
   If both carb bowls are clean - I'm assuming HS carbs since you didn't
say - then any clog is probably in the fuel line before the filter, the
pump, the line to the pump or in the tank.  Also, the charcoal cannister
or the return line from it to the tank might be partly clogged.  Lots of
possibilities.  Hmmm, isn't there supposed to be a filter between the
tank and the pump?  If so, check it out.   But look, are you sure the
ignition system is OK and the electrical connections to the pump are
clean and tight?  How about the pump ground?