Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?

To: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: How to best clean twin SU carbs?
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:30:59 -0400
This is sort of my first endeavor into the fuel end of things - usually
I've fought with other issues, so I apologize for maybe overlooking the
obvious.

 From previous postings we've eliminated (roughly) the ignition flaking
because the tach stays in sync with the engine, and my understanding was
that if it was electrical then that thing would be bouncing all over the
place.  It also just "feels" like it's related to fuel delivery, although I
know that's not a very objective diagnosis.

I will check the other bowl, but as far as just checking the carb itself,
the top part is the place to be looking, yes?  I don't want to go into the
guts of it and mess up the tuning if I don't have to.

Thanks

- Tab