Re: Why no MGs?

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Why no MGs?
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
Paul, I think a lot of it is the necessity for starting from scratch with
a dealer and support network in the US (NA, really). What they probably
need to do is look for another company to tag along with - maybe Land
Rover or Jaguar (even though both are Ford) as a way of sharing
resources...

It's a shame as I think they are missing out on a potentially big
market...  I recently purchased a new Audi A4 and have been on a message
board at audiworld.com for about 2 months. Most of the active participants
seem like mid-20's to mid-30's males, who spend money modding their cars
with chips, body kits, wheels/tires, etc. Seems to me that MG - if they
could price a car in the low $30's - could make some hay here.

Dan D

PS On the Puegeot thing - there is a guy in my neighborhood who has a
Peugeot 605 (I think) with manufacturer plates (he's also had several
other Peugeot models, including a nice looking wagon model). I need to
stop by and see if he works for Peugeot and if they are thinking about
re-entering the market. The sedan is a nice looking car. Of course, in
light of recent events in Iraq and the current general feelings towards
the French the timing may not be right.

Paul sez -