Re: Fuel Pump

To: "Blair J. Weiss" <blair@ifd.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 19:41:44 -0500
Blair J. Weiss wrote:

> Dave,
> You can hear the fuel pump over the engine, exaust and wind? Usually you
> only hear on startup, maybe it's loose and rattling around? Usually it's
> when you don't hear it you should be concerned.

The (MGB-based) Victor came with a FACET pump installed. It quit six
months after I acquired the car. I mounted a new one and it was LOUD.

I drill two holes on each side of a three inch long piece of 1.5"
diameter rubber hose and mounted the pump on one side and the other side
to the floorboards. With nothing to transmit sound except the rubber
hose, it can be heard before the engine starts (which is good) but not
after.

-Rock     http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
"JJ Cale Live" CD & Video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm