Re: A heresy from the darkside

To: "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>,
Subject: Re: A heresy from the darkside
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 13:24:39 -0600
Hey Larry,

I'm a little late on this one.  I currently have a '70 B and a '94
Miata.

When I bought the Miata it was the closest thing to a modern MGB I
could find.  I have enjoyed it quite a bit.  I have had it for about
3-4 years now.

I raced it SCCA  (Sea of cones)  It did quite well.  There is a fellow
who races locally who finishes in the top every event in his Miata.

Mine is bone stock.  The '94 is the first year to have the larger 1.8L
engine, and pre OBI-2.  Both desirable things.

I am coming to the end of my Miata ownership now.  I wanted a
convertable that I can race, and drop my oldest two sons off at school
in.

The little parts don't seem to be as easy to come by as they are for
the MG.  Took me quite a while to find a heater core hose.  (custom
made to go around 2 really sharp corners.)  The bolts are not over
engineered.  Be careful with them or you will tear the heads right off
of them.

It has been a fun car to own.   I am finishing up getting mine ready to
sell now.  It will probably be on Ebay within a week or so.

I bought a '03 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT on ebay a few weeks ago.  It
meets my race/drive requirements for today.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net