RE: Rostyle Paint Mask

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rostyle Paint Mask
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:08:27 -0500
> Hi List:  Does anyone have experience using the mask?  I
> ordered one...but
> don't quite understand how it will do any good.  I suppose it
> is possible
> that I received a defective one.  The one I have does not
> follow the paint
> color change of the wheel.  It will not only mask all of the
> black section,
> but masks the sides of the 'spoked' sections which are currently gray.

Jason, there are at least two styles of mask.  One is clear plastic and
covers all the silver areas.  I found that the taping and trimming
required with it didn't save any time over doing it all with tape and
paper.

The other style covers the same areas, but appears to be some sort of
paper or fiber, and uses four to cover one wheel.  I haven't tried one
of these.

I'm not sure what you're describing.  The high part of the spokes should
be silver, and sides and the rest of the recessed area should be black.