Emmissions

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Emmissions
From: "Steve Piepenbrink" <mgbyellow@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:56:58 -0500
I just took in my 79MGB for its required Illinois emissions test.  I failed.
I have modified my car with an HIF-44 carb in place of the original Z-S and
have removed the air pump.

My hydrocarbons were OK at 482 with the limit at 600, but my CO was 6.4 with
the limit at 6.0.  I adjusted the mixture a bit and took it back for a retest
and both numbers were WAY out.

What is the relationship with the mixture and the hydrocarbons and the CO
number.  Can I fix this by doing a little mixture fiddling?

Oh wise list members please enlighten me!!

Thanks,

Steve