Re: ZS to HIF

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: ZS to HIF
From: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@halsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:49:25 -0500
My float chamber overflow ports are piped directly to the charcoal
canister. The anti-runon valve has three hoses: the bottom one is
vented to atmosphere, the large 1/2 inch(?) one connects to the base of
the charcoal canister, and the small 3/8 inch(?) one is connected to
the intake manifold.

I combined the distributor and anti-runon vacuum hoses into a single
"Y" configuration so that only one hose crosses the valve cover and the
"arms" of the "Y" connect to the anti-runon valve and distributor
vacuum advance.  I did this because my intake manifold has only one
vacuum take-off.

This will NOT work if your distributor vacuum line runs through the
TCSA because it isolates the distributor from manifold vacuum except in
top gear (or when not in top gear i forget which), but more importantly
TCSA would isolate anti-runon valve from engine vacuum when you turn
the ignition off which is when it is supposed to work.

--
"Alle Menschen werden Bruder"

  Henry D. Reynolds - Chat Operations
     mail: hdr@halsoft.com - home: 512.448.3617 - cell: 512.699.8658