Re: Factory Distributor Swap

To: MG listserv <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Factory Distributor Swap
From: Robert Guinness <rjglaw@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:48:28 -0500
Paul:

I believe that you are correct that there was no factory recall, that's
why I used the term in quotes.  I do know that the CEI was a failure
replacement for the Opus. The following website shows two service
bulletins for the late ignition system:
 www.alldata.com/TSB/38/77380202.html
The website does not have the text for the bulletins earlier than the
1982 model year, however.  I am curious from a historical perspective on
how this swap may have handled by the dealers.  I  am trying to decide
whether I should go "original original" with an Opus, go "later
original" with the CEI swap, or just use the 25D that the PO installed.
 Curious minds want to know.  I suspect that someone out there should
have these MGB Technical Service Bulletin's  --  I hope!

Robert Guinness
'77 MGB