Re: Vintage License Plates [cameras OT]

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vintage License Plates [cameras OT]
From: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:56:18 -0500
Larry list account wrote:

>It's not crime prevention, or public safety; it is a unique form of
>taxation.
>
>If they wanted you to be safe and slow down they would move the van and park
>a marked police car there instead.

Getting a bit far fetched with "taxation" don't you think? If you are
not motoring illegaly, you don't get the ticket. And the psychology
involved is that if you never know when you might get caught, you are
less likely to infrenge at any given time.

I do disagree with the implementation. I believe the manufacturer should
only be allowed to sell the equipment to the municipalities, and they
would not get a cut of the proceeds.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems