Re: New list member / B owner with special part sourcing

To: mark.d.melvin@jpmchase.com
Subject: Re: New list member / B owner with special part sourcing
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:23:18 -0500
Purity aside, as this is your car and you can do what you want to it, I
would question whether it would be street legal after changing the
bumpers.  The bumpers changed midway through '74 in order to meet the 1976
vehicle safety standards.  It's entirely possible after making this
conversion that you will render your '77 illegal to drive.

Why not just buy a pre-74 chrome bumper to start with?