Re: New list member / B owner with special part sourcing

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New list member / B owner with special part sourcing
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:29:31 -0800
Tab, FYI, a lot of people have done the conversion. And I have never heard
of an instance of the bumper specs being enforced on a vehicle owner --
those regulations were aimed at manufacturers -- they are not traffic
ordinances.

However, it is not a trivial process, by all accounts. The front and rear
fender profiles are completely different at the bumper interface. I don't
know what might be included in those UK kits, but there would certainly be
plenty of work involved. Just fixing the ride height is not simple, for that
matter.

Whether it's worth the trouble, I don't know. Others seem to have thought
so. There is a pretty big price spread between RBBs and CBBs, especially at
the low end -- there is no such thing as a cheap, rust-free, unrestored CBB.

In this particular case, the fact that he also wants to change out the dash
does rather make me think he'd  be better off just quickly fixing this one
up for resale and buying the model he actually wants. Even if it took a year
to find it, he'd probably be ahead time-wise, IMNSHO...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149