Re: air filters

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: air filters
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:13:22 -0000
The final mixture adjustments *should* be made with the air cleaners in
place.  With HIFs this should be easy (although I only have those on my V8
and not the roadster) but with HSs how difficult this may be might depend on
the size of your hands and strength of your fingers in the absence of a
suitable spanner/wrench.  Adding filters *does* tend to richen the mixture
but it shouldn't make that much difference.  But if adding the filters had
made the mixture overly rich it would be more likely to start and run with
*no* choke, although use of the choke may have flooded it causing it to
stall when pushed in so losing the fast idle.  I'd recheck the mixture, if
not the balance as well, and choke adjustment.

PaulH.