Re: Cam Replacement

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cam Replacement
From: Chris Attias <cattias@ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:48:49 -0800
Andrew wrote:

Yes, you can do it as long as you can remove your oil pan. (I seem to
remember that this is harder on newer B's, but I might remember wrong.)

I don't know about late Bs either, but I've done it on older ones.
As I remember, it requires removing the engine mount bolts, jacking
up the engine as high as it will go, and inserting wooden blocks
between the engine mount and rubber isolators.  This allows easier
access to the front oil pan bolts and to allow the damper pulley to
clear the front subframe.  Cheers,
--
Chris Attias
Aptos, CA