Electric fans, rods etc.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electric fans, rods etc.
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:59:47 -0800
I'm working on the shopping list to put Jasmine back together.

I think that I'll convert to an electric fan. Moss sells Hayden fans
for $130, but doesn't make it clear whether they are controled by a
temp sensor that is in the water supply. I've converted to a
mechanical temperature guage in my MGB as I prefer the reliability as
well as being able to see what the temperature is when the car is
sitting in the paddoc with the engine off.

I'm also looking at upgrading the rods. Pauter rods are a LOT cheaper
than Carrillo ($720 vs $1000) but have about 7-8 weeks of lead
time. I'm interested in the wisdom of the list regarding aftermarket
rods.

If I also end up going to an aluminum head (better heat dissapation to
reduce detonation), I'll end up with nearly enough parts left over to
build a normally aspirated motor.

--
                   Girling is not a verb.