Re: Rear Leaf Springs

To: "ronking" <ronking@sbcglobal.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Leaf Springs
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:35:57 -0700
Yes, its common for the new leaf springs to raise the rear of the car by as
much as 1 1/2". However, to fix that, there are lowering kits available.
They are blocks and extended u-bolts and are a bit pricey. Moss has one
that I believe lowers the rear the full amount and mgbmba.com sells theirs
with three blocks that lower the rear in 1/2" increments. I am
contemplating lowering the rear on my 72B but haven't got to it yet. So if
you do go with new leaf springs, the rear end can be adjusted if necessary
if the rear end is too high.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B