Re: Headlight Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlight Question
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:13:14 -0800 (PST)
Charles & Peggy Robinson SEZ -
>    I don't understand your beef.  I put on seaked beam halogens went out
> and aimed them to suit me and don't have problem with oncoming drivers,
> as long as I dim my lights in time.
>
>     CR

My beef is that all the sealed beam halogens I've seen have
no better cutoff patterns than sealed beam tungsten lamps.  If
you keep yours aligned, God bless you.  But 99% of the people
on the road think their headlights are aligned just fine as long
as the front of the car is brighter than the back, and when those
folks put brighter headlights on their cars, there's trouble
for oncoming drivers.  It's not a big deal, but it is something
that differentiates sealed beam from projector headlights.  The
people that take the time and expense to buy high-performance
lights usually, like you, make the effort to adjust them as well.

--
David Breneman
Distributed Systems Software Analyst

DHL/Airborne Express
3101 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Phone:  +1-206-830-4253
Fax:    +1-206-830-4432

david.breneman@dhl.com

(This .sig is greater than 4 lines as mandated by company policy.)