Re: Headlight Question

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headlight Question
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:43:07 -0000
Funny that, I can remember when a sharp cut-off was considered to be tiring,
now it seems compulsory.  Having been used to driving MGBs for many years
with some scatter forward and to my kerb I was terrified as a passenger in
an XK8 on an unlit road, fortunately one the driver knew, not being able to
see *anything* above and to the side of the very sharp and close cut-off.
I'm assuming 'no effective' is a deliberate elaboration, they do have a
cut-off of course, which is why UKers, even MGBers, need to use lens
converters elsewhere in Europe and vice-versa.

 PaulH.