Re: Brake pad question

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake pad question
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:29:14 -0000
Is this a case of the pads not going in at all or not going in far enough?
If the latter, V8 pads and calipers are handed, there is an inner pad and an
outer pad on each caliper.  V8 pads won't fit the wrong side of the caliper
because there is a lump on one inner corner (see
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_brakesframe.htm and click on 'V8 Pads') that
fouls whereas there is obviously a cut-out in the correct place.  I am not
aware that roadster pads are handed, i.e. they don't have the lump on either
inner corner, so I'm assuming the caliper doesn't need a cut-out in either
corner, so pads *with* the lump won't fit.

PaulH.