Re: Armstrongs (was: Rear Shock Kit)

Subject: Re: Armstrongs (was: Rear Shock Kit)
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:30:03 -0800
On Nov 13, 2003, at 9:48 PM, WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:

> You'd be amazed how many people have no idea that you are supposed to
> check
> and top up Armstrongs as a matter of course.

Is this really the case?  My owner's manual doesn't mention it, and the
Bentley book for 75-80 just barely glosses over (check for leaks).

 From the appearance of the documentation, the Armstrongs were meant to
be maintenance-free.  I know that I only replaced the oil in one of
mine because it leaked.  Since I replaced them with rebuilds from WWAP,
I only look to see if they have leaked when I grease the suspension (by
reputation they won't).

--
Aaron Whiteman -- http://www.wsu.edu/~aaronpw/MG/
  '75 B (red for now), HIF4 carbs