Re: Why nylock nuts?

To: "David Woerpel" <dwoerpel@wi.net>, "The MG List"
Subject: Re: Why nylock nuts?
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:55:56 -0000
*Everything* was rationed in the UK during and after the war, until the
early 50s in the case of food.  My future wife and I stayed in a hotel in
Cornwall in the late 60s and hanging on the door was a notice saying 'ration
cards must be handed in on arrival', this would have been so the hotel could
get the food to feed you.  The motor industry could only get steel if it was
for export vehicles, one of the reasons why aluminium was used, from all
those scrap Spitfires and Lancaster's (ouch!)

PaulH.