Re: Why nylock nuts?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why nylock nuts?
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:43:17 -0000
Agreed.  Many supplied as part of rebuild kits these days are not shown on
the original parts list.  Some may have been retrospective factory changes
in the drive to reduce maintenance costs for fleet owners.  Nylock nuts
supplied with the link bolts which join the swivel-axle to the dampers and
A-arms bothered me even new, but on the rear axle U-bolts (double nuts on
the parts list) if they are still stiff when retightening I'm comfortable
reusing them.  Several references around the web for using them more than
once, just as there are several saying use them once only.  Using them just
once for a rocker cover seems a little excessive.

PaulH.