Re: Spinon filter adapters

To: "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spinon filter adapters
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:53:05 -0000
>From the Parts List the upended canister type (12H 3273) appears to have
been used from Mar 70 to October 73, then a hanging canister type (12H 4405)
was used from October 73 on, and the 76-on Parts list shows an upended type
(12H 3275).  Clausager indicates that the hanging type was fitted from Dec
73 but the upended type was reinstated by Feb 74.  Such a short period of
use of the hanging type - some four months - does seem to indicate there
were problems with it.  There were hanging (to Aug 67) then upended (to Mar
70) versions of the replaceable element filter as well, so I'm also
wondering whether the real problem with hanging filters was them getting
damaged over rough ground, and in Oct 73 they had forgotten the lessons
learned by Mar 70.

PaulH.