Re: Stubborn brake hoses (79 B)

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stubborn brake hoses (79 B)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:53:31 -0800
Actually, I think flare nut wrenches are one tool that you could economize
on to some extent (mine are from JC Whitney, for instance). Since they have
immensely bulky, deep heads (at least, mine do), the quality of the metal is
not that critical. And since they wrap around 5 sides, the machining doesn't
have to be all that perfect either (unlike a small open end wrench, or a
12-point socket, either of which can mess up your nut if not up to spec). I
mean, you don't want total sleaze-o, but so long as they fit the size they
are supposed to fit, there isn't much else to go wrong.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149