Headlight positioning

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Headlight positioning
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:00:21 -0800
Somehow I have lost the last flurry of advice on headlights .  The light
bowls and  inner rim for my under-construction1970 MGB GT V8 are the same
thus are not handed.  But there is a right way to put them in.  I think
someone said that the adjuster screws had to be at 12 and 9 o'clock on BOTH
sides.  Is that correct?

I also bought some Autopal 178mm Halogen head light units from LBCCo in
Detroit and wonder if anyone has fitted them yet.   They have a secondary
bulb which I wonder about (parking or driving?) and they will not fit
inside the inner ring - So do I cut the inner ring to accommodate or is the
extra bulb power just not worth it??

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson