Re: UK Scam??

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: UK Scam??
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:54:27 -0800
Agreed, but the point of my longer post was that the info you receive from
low-level bank employees is typically incorrect on this subject (or
deceptive, or however you want to say it). The victims of these scams
invariably say "I called my bank and they told me the check had cleared!".

If you can get a meeting with an international banking expert, then you
might be OK. But that's a big "if" for most people.

Anyway, I'm not telling anyone what to do, just what to look out for. And I
am 99.9% convinced "Cap. Mark" is a scammer.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149