Re: MG's and Skis

To: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Subject: Re: MG's and Skis
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:32:08 -0600
  Don't knock Ralp Nader too hard re: the Corvair.  The pre-1964 cars
were treacherous beyond belief.  I owned a couple of them.  One had to
decamber the rear wheels, use rebound straps and add a sway bar to the
rear, then retune the front.  The '64s came with what was essentially
the aftermarket handling improvements, copied by GM.  The 65 and later
had full independent rear suspension and beefy roll bars, so they were
OK with good radials. I had a '66 turbo Corsa, it was a fun ride.  They
all leaked oil, sumpin' MG owners can I D with. ;^)

   cr