Re: MG's and Skis

To: proot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: MG's and Skis
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:52:53 -0500
Paul,
  Do you know the tire pressures he uses?   I forget (though in truth
Ralph Nader actually had them right in his book) but they are quite
unusual pressures, like 12 psi front and 26 rear.    Inflated to the
then-common pressure of 28 all round, the Corvair went anywhere except
where it was pointed, but with pressures as specified by Chevrolet it
handled about as well (or as poorly) as contemporary vehicles, certainly
as well as the VW Beetle.
Bob