Re: MG's and Skis

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG's and Skis
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:30:32 -0600
Bob Howard wrote:

>    Ralph Nader always seemed a bit sanctimonious to me, yet it wasn't he
> who can take exclusive credit for killing the 'vair.  General Motors'
> unsavory activities, once they came to light, may well have had
> significant bearing on its demise.  The text in his book about the
> Corvair filled only about 1/3 of the book, with the remainder about
> things we don't even consider today.
>    He worked up tire weight capacities for a number of cars, then found
> that their standard tires were too small to carry the car and passenger
> weight, for one thing.
>    He wrote about hostile dashboards, the graceful toggle switches that
> we all admire, that are pretty damaging to passengers in sudden stops.
>    Another topic was insecure doors that burst open easily.
>    We like to think that Ralph Nader will not be happy until everyone is
> driving a black, four-door sedan.  If that's true, then he must be a sad
> fellow these days.  But I suggest that we are all driving stronger, safer
> vehicles today, to some extent encouraged by people like Ralph Nader.
> BTW, his mother,  wrote cookbooks with some assistance from Joan
> Claybrook.

Nader was (is) a liar, plain and simple. Road and Track magazine
documented it. He falsified the engineering drawings used in his books,
"air-brushed" out the standard factory safety parts. The damned fools at
GM, instead of asking their own engineers if the book was accurate, set
private spooks on Nader, to try to get something incriminating on him.
Those assh*les must have been in training for Watergate, since they were
so inept they got caught. Then Ralphie sued GM and won millions of
dollars, which he then used to promulgate even more lies, making himself
famous. I despise the sorry piece of sh*t.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Tulsa LIBERTYFEST, Dec. 21st, 2003: http://www.tulsalibertyfest.com
The Wednesday Night Science Project: http://www.wednitesciproj.us