Re: Defroster

To: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Defroster
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:25:03 -0000
AFAIK the earlier GTs had embedded vertical wires and the later ones
horizontal surface mounted conductive tape but this tape was never available
separately.  However there were many aftermarket DIY stick-on type available
in the 70s when HRWs first started becoming factory fitted but were by no
means universal.  These tended to cover a patch in the middle of a typical
rear window and were no where near the size of the one in the GT.  By the
very fact that HRWs *are* now universal and have been for many years I think
the chances of finding an aftermarket stick-on type very slim, unless NOS
buried in the back of an old shop somewhere.

PaulH.