RE: To seal or not to seal (?)

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: To seal or not to seal (?)
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:31:26 -0700
I'm not familiar with this "Wellseal" but I've always preferred to use a
tacky gasket sealer, something that doesn't solidify and make it hard to
remove. So it sounds like some decent stuff. I always use a high
temperature silicone gasket sealer. It sets up to a soft rubbery
consistency so its usually easier to clean up next time you have to remove
the gasket. I use a light coat for most engine gaskets except for head and
exhaust manifold gaskets of which I do not use anything but the gasket on
clean surfaces.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B