Re: Weber downdraft

To: "Richard" <ramsmgb@cox.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net"@m1.name2host.com
Subject: Re: Weber downdraft
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@stoolhead.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 8:50:24 -0500
>...I have had no operating problems. Performance
> is probably no better than with properly tuned
> SU's.

You are right Rich.  You probably have a Weber
DGV (manual choke), DGAV (automatic water choke)
or a DGEV (automatic electrical choke).  All are
reliable and well made carburators.  The biggest
value to me is that the DGV uses an accelerator
pump, unlike the SUs.  That makes cold starting
a little easier, in some cases.  As for power,
the SUs are probably a bit better.

I have a DGV on my '76 B.  God knows how long its
been there but it requres nothing.  Just works.