Re: Weber downdraft

To: Otis15@aol.com
Subject: Re: Weber downdraft
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:06:44 -0600
Otis15@aol.com wrote:
>        Rich,
>                  I've Run a Weber 32/36 DGV for Several years on a 74 GT.
> And Like you Say, runs Great and No Problems, but I was wondering About the
>38
> DGes that Brit-Tek Sells.  They Really Hype-it, on there Web page, Claiming
>the
> same performance as a DCOE.
>
>                                                 Thanks
>                                                    Steve, n.e. Ohio

I don't know anything specifically about them, however, we can make some
educated guesses.

1) It will have better performance than that DGV since it has two 38mm
barrels and are not progressive.
2) They won't quite be has good as a DCOE since:
        a) they are smaller than a 40 or 45. Properly tuned jets could probably
get it very close, however.
        b) They have to make a 90 degree turn not required of the DCOE, in
addition to the turns the DCOE has to make to get into the ports.

An advantage it would have over the DCOE would be it would fit next to
the brake booster in a RBB.

I've seen them in BritTek. Look pretty cool, but I went with HIFs.

--
                                 ______
Paul T. Root <proot@iaces.com> /    _ \