Re: ebay duped

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ebay duped
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:03:08 -0800
Don't use a wire wheel on the aluminum unless you want a permanent "random
brush" pattern. You could try a heat gun or paint stripper -- my guess is a
PO spray job wouldn't adhere very well to aluminum anyway.

As for eBay, yeah, you pretty much have to double-check anything the seller
says about year, application or provenance. They just seem to think they can
guess on the details, and let the buyer figure it out. I think it's the lack
of face-to-face contact -- if the guy was selling it through the newspaper
classifieds and knew he would be meeting the buyer face-to-face, he'd go to
the trouble of finding out what year it really was so as not to be
embarassed when a buyer showed up. Not to mention he couldn't hide the fact
that it was incomplete.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149