Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE

To: proot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:56:23 EST
Also check out the location or placement of the LE Dash plaque. Instead of
being directly under the lock mechanism on the glovebox door as it should be,
it's located near the inside corner of the glovebox. Also according to all
accounts that I've read all LE's were painted Black with contrasting silver
stripes
with the initials MGB & a stylized Union Jack. And, as if as someone tried to
add a little extra class to the interior, it looks as if someone has added
some wood accents to the stock dash. If it is an "English only" version of the
LE or Limited Edition, why does it have the the steering wheel and all other
driver controls on the LH side ? No, from the lack of an airdam under the front
"soft bumper" to the omission of the unique 5 bar LE alloy Rostyles, to me
this is a very poor imitation of a LE, or Limited Edition '79 MGB which in
itself
is a contradiction, since the seller claims this is a 1980 English edition of
the poor MGB LE, a car that was unfortunately the messenger of the end of the
wonderful little MG..........
Albert Escalante, owner-1978 MGB
Central Coast British Car Club (Ca.)