Re: Buy off e-bay?

To: Randy Widman <rwidman@woh.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Buy off e-bay?
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 07:48:17 -0600
I'm having trouble with a vendor on ebay currently.
I bought card reader for my son's GameBoy two weeks
ago tomorrow. I sent mail to the guy immediately as
he said he accepted Paypal, but didn't say what the
id was to send the payment. He replied immediately
with the address.

I paid right then. That was Thursday night. Turns out
he's in Eau Claire, Wi, about 90 miles away. I thought,
great, it will be here early next week.

A week later, on Wednesday night, I sent mail to him
wondering where it was. I got no reply.

Saturday, I sent mail again and told him that if I didn't
hear from him by Tuesday, I'd leave negative feedback and
go through paypal to get my money back. That got an immediate (5
minutes) reply, as follows:

Thank you for your email. I did reply to you and said the order was shipped.
I would be MORE than happy to exchange feedback with you!

To me that's a veiled threat. Note he doesn't say when he shipped it.
I reply to that asking when it was shipped and did he use USPS?

An hour and a half later, I got this response:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. The order shipped last week VIA USPS.

We appreciate your purchase.

The Baysoftgames Team
www.baysoftgames.com
The Video Game Bargain Source

Thanks for no information. Basically, he froze me again.

So he has stated that it was shipped via the Post Office at least
one week ago. Yet, I haven't seen it.

I paid for shipping insurance, we'll see how far that gets me.

Ok, sorry to vent. I'll put some MG content in.

On the otherhand, other than the slight of hand in the steering wheel
I bought last month (my fault for not reading closely enough), I've had
good luck buying parts for the MG off eBay.

And once I cleaned up the steering wheel, and a friendly lister gave me
his worn out steering wheel with good hub, I'm happy again.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \