Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE

To: MGBnutt@aol.com
Subject: Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE
From: kmwheeler@ualr.edu
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:38:26 -0600
Agreed, e-bay is fun, and yes I have bought a car on e-bay, and lot's of
parts, but way too many clueless folks!

And, I'm not trying to pick too much on the "originality" type MG people...
not too much at least.  ;)  Of course my favorite "original" MGs include the
turbo 'B-GT, the factory roadster V8 (called the "tug") and anything that had
hand-hammered aluminium body panels.  I remember cringing in a club meeting
whilst a fellow was concerned about the non-original wheels on this MGA he
had bought and then proceeded to describe Dunlop knock-off discs.  (If anyone
has
such "non-original atrocities", please let me take them off your hands!)

Hmmm, here's one:  how many of you have actually bought a car off e-bay?
What was it?  Were you satisified?

We picked up my wife's TR8 Coupe off e-bay, for a great price.  So far we're
pretty happy with the car, it is exactly as described -- which means it seems
to be a good mechanical TR8 that needs a few odds and ends and a paint job.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary