Re: Snow

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Snow
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 00:17:42 -0600
> Sand's great.  More and more they're using sand here (it's also cheaper),
> but nothing quite makes it safe like salt, which is good for safety but
> terrible for our cars, particularly the older ones.  If they only use sand
> there, go for it!

Ugh...hate sand on the roads.  When I lived in Tulsa, they'd use sand.
Didn't do much for the ice and snow, and quickly would be tracked off.

Then you had sand getting thrown up on the windshield with the spray,
destroying your wipers rather quickly.

And then for the next several months there would be loose sand on the roads,
blasting your car, and creating places of no traction.